The Art of James Teeple

My photo
Leicester, United Kingdom
I'm 21 / DMU Art Student / British-American.

Tuesday 21 May 2013

Life Drawing: Pancil Studies


Studio life drawing -

I thought i'd show some examples of the life drawing ive done this year.
These being some of the longer drawings in our sessions, ranging from 5 - 20 mins







The last drawing here is one of my favourites. Ive noticed that my procedure of drawing the model follows a trend, where I start by drawing the face (usually in greater detail) then move onto the rest of the figure but focusing on the silhouete in line form. I would add shading as a last step usually, and this is normally the stage I run out of time doing. So i'd like to try and work into the figure with tones and shading much earlier on, and spend less time on the line work, hopefully that will help me achieve a more realistic piece in the shorter time.

No comments:

Post a Comment